Re: Oily report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Oily report
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 14:09:54 +0200
Hi all,

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de> writes:
[SNIP]
Andreas> I have no clue what Ralf did to compile ash... However,
Andreas> ifconfig is really whishful thinking since the SONIC driver
Andreas> is still not working (shame on me).

No please don't say that, it was only a joke at first, Luc said "let's
try to assign it an IP address"...

>> One more word, I'm still confused by the kernel: each time I try to
>> compile a kernel with the Oily '#ifdef' and 'switch' I had added
>> (surely wrongly), it fails to boot, so for now I use a "standard"
>> MIPS Magnum 4000 configuration !!

Andreas> What exactly happens when you boot a kernel configured for
Andreas> the Olivetti? I might be able to help, but I really need more
Andreas> info.

Nothing ;) Blank Screen, I guess I had missed something in console.c,
still searching.

Andreas> Oh, BTW: Regarding the keyboard problems: Ralf insists of his
Andreas> idea that the keyboard controller is at a different address
Andreas> than it is currently used. I cannot confirm that since MY
Andreas> keyboard works fine. There are enough Magnumish people on the
Andreas> list to find out what's actually wrong, so:

Mine works fine.

Andreas> TO ALL MAGNUM OWNERS: Could you please try to boot a kernel
Andreas> (I provide a binary if necessary) and tell us what happens
Andreas> with your keyboard?

Well you that "MAGNUN OWNERS" can also be understood "OILY OWNERS" :)

Cheers, Stoned.