Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 14:49:01 -0600
: Oh well, there are other means of networking for booting.  I suggest to
: use IP networking as suggested in RFC1149.  The superior solution for net
: booting.  In combination with MIME as in RFC1437 this is really
: interesting ...

Hmmm, the RFC 1149 transport method looks quite promising, especially
in the face of MIME described with in RFC 1437.  I'm not sure that the
PROMs that I have in my Deskstation are new and advanced enough to
support this method of networking....  I'll give Deskstation a call
and see if I've missed something in their docs...

Warner