Keyboard troubles

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Keyboard troubles
From: "David Kerry" <davidk@sni.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 22:05:29 -0400

More info on the keyboard problem:

        I've tried a different keyboard, with the identical
results as before (unrecognized scancode).  The first was
a generic $12 one with a PS/2 adapter on it, and the second,
a high-quality Digital PS/2 one.

        Some further investigation has revealed the following:

        - On boot up I get a complaint about "Scanmode 2 change failed"

        - Looking into the kernel source (found it in drivers/char/keyboard.c)
          seems to indicate that it is trying to initialize the
          keyboard and enable interrupts for it.

        I haven't a clue on what's needed at the low-level driver
level to make a keyboard work, but it seems that there might still
be something wrong in the kernel, or I've just got a quirky set of
keyboards.

David Kerry  (davidk@sni.ca)
Sietec Open Systems
1131a Leslie Street, Don Mills,
Ontario, M3C-3L8, Canada
Tel: (416) 449-9449, Fax: (416) 449-6232