Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 18:45:34 +0100
Hi again,

 > Good.  Maybe it will be a race between STONED and I as to which one
 > can get a 1.3.x MIPS/Linux machine up and running (well, assuming that
 > Ralf doesn't beat us to it).  I would find it ironic if Deskstation
 > was the first one to ash, given the history there...

I just talked to Ralf and we agreed that it doesn't make any
sense to use 1.3.x kernels yet, since they are changing too
rapidly. Please, Warner and Stoned, if you wan't to continue
your work, do it with 1.2.11 and send me patches. Ralf and
me will try to move them into 1.3.x as soon as possible. OK?
In other words: The "official" Linux/MIPS kernel is still
1.2.11.x, 1.3.x should be regarded as "unusable" as long it
isn't tested at least on the PICA box.

Cheers,
Andy