Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:09:05 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Ralf,
>       great job on all these patches.

Thank, nice to hear :-)

> I was wondering if you had any ideas on when you'd be getting 1.3.x up
> to the same levels of the Intel?

This evening.  At home I've got a 1.3.30 kernel running and if I don't
work another 16 hours today (whistle) ...

> Basically, I'm looking for a good time to move the Deskstation patches
> into the 1.3.x based kernel.  I have the next two weeks off (not this
> week, but Oct 16-Oct27) and it is looking like a good time to do that.
> Just wanted to see if that is a good assumption.

Move 1.2.x patches into 1.3.x won't be a real problem as the changes to
arch/mips/ and include/asm-mips/ were relativly small.

> I want my ash prompt with 1.3.x :-).

Oh yes, it's really incredible feeling to see that single hash sign ...