Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 1.3.x where x approaches infinity
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 13:14:12 -0600
: Actually, I do understand you. But there might be a *little* problem:
: The current Linux/MIPS 1.3.x kernels *compile* but nobody knows if
: they run :-). If you want a `#' try 1.2.11 first, really.

Well, I'd be happy to get Linux/MIPS 1.3.x up to the same level that
other machines are at.  I saw stoned's success, and thought that would
be a good benchmark.  However, I'd rather be at 1.3.x than 1.2.x for
reasons that are completely irrational.  If that means a small step
backwards, then so be it.  But that's just me.

: Well, Ralf, do you remember: I thought it might be
: better to have user code running on all platforms before going to
: 1.3.x. Now we have the hassle :-(

I don't mind over much for the hassle.  Its not like I have a working
system yet :-).

Warner