Re: Linux/MIPS on DECStation 5k (R3000)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS on DECStation 5k (R3000)
From: Matt Messier <marius@prilnari.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 14:14:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 10 Oct 1995, S.D. Brown wrote:

> I'm just looking for an update, or some guidance on where I might get
> involved.  These two machines would be the only MIPS boxes have access to.
> I am just one guy, with a few free nights a week, but I would like to
> help.

I have been working on getting a boot loader together, but so far I have
had little success.  Unfortunately my time comes and goes like the wind, and
it has been gone lately, however I expect to be able to pick up again on it
next week.  As it stands right now, I have been having difficulty getting
usable output from my cross compiler, but I suspect that it is a problem with
my entry code.  I have little idea of what anyone else has done w/ respect to
the ds port.

Matt Messier
The Prilnari Project
Lincoln, RI, USA