Re: Linux 1.3.7

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux 1.3.7
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 19:34:44 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> : I'm gonna upload linux-1.3.6-1.3.7.diffs.gz to ftp.fnet.fr.
>
> Go Ralf Go!

I've got another patch that should be ready when I come home :->

> BTW, what plans are there, if any, to merge the diffs back into the
> linux tree that Linus distributes?

At first and most important I'll have to reach the same patchlevel as
Linus.  This is what I'm currently busy doing.  In the next step I want
to send a little patch (just a few hndred kilobytes ...) to Linus for inclusion.
This will close the gap between the mainstream distribution and make our live
easier as some parts of the code will more or less be automaintained.  It will
also show the people that Linus/MIPS is alive.  I'm trying to do all this as
fast as possible as you can see. That also means that I don't care too much
about things like debugging ...

Happy patching,