Re: DECstation testing (was DECstation status)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation testing (was DECstation status)
From: Matt Messier <marius@prilnari.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 11:08:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Dave Marks wrote:

> At 8:30 AM 1/1/70, Matt Messier wrote:
>
>  * Does anybody out there with a DEC 3100 or 5000 have the ability to test
>  * this stuff?  It is a little bit difficult for me at the moment because I
>
> Matt, was anyone able to support your testing needs?

I broke down and tested the code myself.  Some of it works.  Some of it
doesn't. :-)  The code that appears to work is my PC based mkboot program to
stuff the boot loader image onto the device.  My boot loader doesn't work,
but that appears to be a cross-compiler issue (i.e., compiler producing bad
code in some form or another, but linking alright -- at least the ECOFF header
is valid).

I'm not very well versed on cross compiling or the MIPS instruction set at
all.  I honestly don't have any way of verifying that the compiled C code is
valid.  Anybody have any suggestions here?

I've relocated the text segment to 0x80060000.  It dies at PC=0x80060014.

Matt Messier
The Prilnari Project
Lincoln, RI, USA