DECstation status

To: Linux/MIPS Developers <linux@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Subject: DECstation status
From: Matt Messier <marius@prilnari.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 15:23:20 -0500
This weekend I had an opportunity to get some work done on the DECstation
port.  Admittedly I haven't gotten too terribly far, but I've got basic
boot code written.  It is as yet untested, but I have written code to
install the bootloader onto the scsi device, and I have gotten a start on
the bootloader itself.

Does anybody out there with a DEC 3100 or 5000 have the ability to test
this stuff?  It is a little bit difficult for me at the moment because I
need to swap drives around all of the time to test things. I'm quite
willing to work on writing the code if someone can test it easily for
me.  Once things get a bit further along and we know that it is working
somewhat reasonably well, I'll be a bit more willing to spend half an
hour at a shot to test a change :-)

Also, what I would like to do is to have the bootloader recognize an ext2
partition as opposed to a ufs partition (or possibly xiafs).  There are a
number of reasons for this.  Is anyone opposed?

Matt Messier
The Prilnari Project
Lincoln, RI, USA