Re: DECstation status

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation status
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 15:34:47 +0100

 > I am at work right now so I don't have time to put the stuff together for
 > testing elsewhere, but I will do so tonight.  By the way, where should I
 > ftp this stuff to?  What shall it be called, and should it be separated from
 > Milo?  Personally I think the answer to the Milo question is yes.  The text
 > and data segments need to fit within 15360 bytes.  All that needs to happen
 > in
 > the loader (at least for now) is to load the kernel and jump to it's entry
 > point.  It also needs to properly handle prom restarts, etc.  Fairly straight
 > forward, but it also needs to have knowledge of the filesystem so that it can
 > find the kernel.  What I have now does little more than print some messages
 > out to the console via the firmware callback vector.

As a temporary solution, please mail tar'ed gzip'ed and uuencoded
files to Luc Beurton <beurton@fnet.fr> and tell him where to put
the files.
Regarding Milo or not: Name it DECLD or whatever, but at a certain
point it would be a good idea to integrate your sources into the
milo source tree, but not into milo itself. This way a build of
milo can produce all necessary loaders, you know ?

Cheers,
Andy