Deskstation

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Deskstation
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 22:17:20 -0600
I just called the deskstation people.  Basically, they sell 98% Alpha
boxes, and 2% MIPS boxes, so they aren't real interested in working
with me, except on the side like I've been able to do here and there
to date.

This likely explains a lot of the level of support that we've seen for
their machines in this group.  They did invite me to work with them,
but set my expectations very low.  I'll let you know if meaningful
discussions do happen with them.

They were rather impressed that I had gotten as far as I had with as
little help from them as I had needed, so there may be some hope in
this relationship working out.  I think they want to work with me as
their schedules allow, but I also think that I shouldn't expect much
from them in the way of support.

Maybe if I get a MIPS box running, they'll send me an alpha to try
:-).

Warner