Re: DECstation news

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation news
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 09:34:06 -0400
   Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:55:05 +0200
   From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>

   BTW, would it be hard to add write support to the UFS filesystem ?
   Can anyone help?

Note that I have somebody working on ufs code for my Sparc port.
Linus needs it to mount osf native partitions also.  Write support is
the hardest part, however my developer has started from scratch.  He
is writing the code the right way, he placed a Solaris UFS partition
on a floppy, copies the filesystem into a file and emacs's it to learn
how it "really works".  I can hook somebody up with him if
collaboration is desired.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu