Re: DECstation news

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation news
From: Matt Messier <marius@prilnari.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 07:54:52 -0400
On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Andreas Busse wrote:

> BTW, would it be hard to add write support to the UFS filesystem ?
> Can anyone help?

There is code that exists now to read a UFS file system.  More specifically
it works with Berkeley's Fast File System I believe it is.  Both are horrible
filesystems so I rarely bother to differentiate :-)  In any case, Yoshi
Gottleib(sp?) wrote the code for reading.  I sent him an email last night to
see if he's done anything with writing at all.  If not, I'll probably end up
doing it, if for no other reason than to appease myself. *smile*

Matt Messier
The Prilnari Project
Lincoln, RI, USA