Re: DECstation news

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation news
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:55:05 +0200

 > You know, I often wonder if I'm supposed to be working on this project.  If
 > it isn't one thing, it is another.  I never seem to be able to work on it at
 > all.  Right now I'm short a keyboard.  I will hopefully be able to get down
 > to the store tommorrow :-)  I've been putting it off for over a month now,
 > but
 > but I have newly found inspiration.

Actually, it's the same for me. But I feel guilty if I stop working
on Linux/MIPS for more than a week, so I give me a kick and feel good
when I've done something :-)

 > Great.  For the time being I will be using Ultrix' boot loader to play around
 > with kernels simply because the only means I have of getting anything onto
 > the drive really is via ethernet.  If I lose the Ultrix boot loader, I'm all
 > done.  The more I'm finding out, the less difficult it looks like the boot
 > loader is going to be to write.
 >
 > By the way, last I knew, there wasn't actually anything for the boot loader
 > written yet, but it had been talked about, much the talk being mine.  With
 > any luck, this has changed :-)

Yes, you're probably right. There was so much talk that I might have
mixed up something. A summarize of the state of the DEC port would be
really useful :-)

BTW, would it be hard to add write support to the UFS filesystem ?
Can anyone help?

Andy