Re: DECstation news

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation news
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:30:55 +0200
Hi!

 > I'm all excited right now.  Its not really a major step, but I'm damned
 > proud of myself :-)  For those of you interested in the DECstation (pmax)
 > port, I've apparently successfully figured out the structure of boot
 > information.  I've hacked in some code for the i386 kernel to read the
 > DECstation partition tables and all of that fun stuff.  So now I have the
 > ability to mount the DECstation drive.  There is a ufs package available
 > somewhere that supports ufs (ro).  I've mounted and can look around.

Congrats! Good to hear that there's some movement in the DEC department
of Linux/MIPS :-)

 > By the way, has anyone else been working on the DS stuff at all?  If so,
 > I'd like to find out how far along you are.

So far I know there's a halfway working network loader, and when
I remember right, there was also some progress with disk booting.
Anyway, I would also be interested in the current state of this
part of the project.

Andy