DECstation news

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DECstation news
From: Matt Messier <marius@prilnari.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 02:05:31 -0400
I'm all excited right now.  Its not really a major step, but I'm damned
proud of myself :-)  For those of you interested in the DECstation (pmax)
port, I've apparently successfully figured out the structure of boot
information.  I've hacked in some code for the i386 kernel to read the
DECstation partition tables and all of that fun stuff.  So now I have the
ability to mount the DECstation drive.  There is a ufs package available
somewhere that supports ufs (ro).  I've mounted and can look around.

By the way, has anyone else been working on the DS stuff at all?  If so,
I'd like to find out how far along you are.

Matt Messier
The Prilnari Project
Lincoln, RI, USA