Re: Remote debugger

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Remote debugger
From: pefo@enea.se (Per Fogelstrom)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 22:51:54 +0200 (MET DST)

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to debug a kernel using Andy's remote debugging support.
> The bad new is that debugging info needs that much memory that it's
> definately unusable for small machines.  When linking on my 486DX/33
> still wasn't finished after over 10 minutes I gave up.  Ps showed for
> that kernel with lots of options turned on about 12MB memory in use.
>
> Printk() will stay my best friend ...

You should really consider getting my debugstuff to work..... :-)

I've been hacking kernels for more than 15 years now (maby more)
and i have never missed the features in gdb. Kernel bugs, often
impossible to find just looking in the source, but doing a few
single steps in the machine code.....

Just a thought..