Re: move to 1.3

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: move to 1.3
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 19:53:59 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi again,

> I must admit that I'm still running 1.2.11 on my Intel boxes
> and never tried 1.3.x.

I tried it yesterday on a company machine and have to admit that it
*blows* 1.2.13 away.  Well ignoring the reliability ...

> Where is it stopping ? Perhaps you have a problem with page_color() ?
> This macro needs to be changed depending on your Icache linesize,
> when I remember right.

Page_colour() needs to be changed according to the L1 cache size (and for
R8000 / R10000  according to the changed caching policies).  I've fixed this
finally in my private source tree for the R4xx0 CPUs.  This has nothing to
do with the cache line sizes.

>  > /bin/bash on a msdos formatted floppy?

Bash is a huge beast ...  Consider that even the statically linked ash is
about 200k.  I suggest ash for now when your trying to use disks.