Re: move to 1.3

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: move to 1.3
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 18:54:27 +0200
Hi again,

 > I'd love to be able to just run 1.3.x out of the box :-).

I must admit that I'm still running 1.2.11 on my Intel boxes
and never tried 1.3.x.

 > This is a valid concern.  I'm not sure why I can't get past the kernel
 > messages phase of the boot, but I'm not overly worried about it.

Where is it stopping ? Perhaps you have a problem with page_color() ?
This macro needs to be changed depending on your Icache linesize,
when I remember right.

 > OK.  I'll try to get a set of diffs against the 1.2.10.4 kernel that
 > I've been using as a base, and we can iterate on them.
 >
 > As an aside:  What's the easiest way to check this?  Can I just put
 > /bin/bash on a msdos formatted floppy?

No, it should be on a ramdisk image, which itself must be on the
boot floppy as long you don't have the floppy driver working. I
believe there's such an image on ftp.waldorf-gmbh.de. Shall I
check it for you ?

Cheers,
Andy