Re: Milo Speedup

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Speedup
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 1995 09:02:56 -0600
: Hmm. IDE or SCSI enabled? Better turn it off. I'm sure it produces
: only trouble and headache :-)

I think I may have left IDE enabled.  However, I didn't think it would
be a problem since I don't have a IDE controller in my machine.  It
should just detect that it isn't there and not do anything.

: Well, I can put it on the TODO list. As long nobody removes this
: item, we will be remembered at least once a week.

It isn't the fact that we need a unified kernel, it is marking the
places in the source as people add/notice them that I'm talking about
here.  Something like:
        /* XXX Fix for unified kernel */
or some stock phrase we can grep for.  That way, when we do go to fix
it, we have a higher confidence level that we've caught all the
interesting parts.

Warner