Re: Milo Speedup

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Speedup
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 1995 00:44:12 -0600
: Ok. If you're ready with that, can you send me patches again?

I've not had MILO do these things yet, so I can't send you the patches
just yet :-).

: Meanwhile I'll try to build in your latest changes, and together
: with the above changes we could release Milo 0.26. Agreed ?

Sounds good to me.  I'll send you the patches as soon as I've
compeleted them.  I'll also try to send patches to the kernel because
I think I'm to the load the RAM disk stage in my kernel booting, which
sounds promising.  It just hangs there for reasons I'm not sure of
(likely looking for my non-existant hard disk :-).

: Regarding kernel load address: The best way would of course
: be a PIC kernel, but I don't know how reliable PIC currently is.

I'd rather not do PIC just yet.  I had problems with PIC and ELF when
I tried to do that, so I'm a little leery of a PIC kernel.

: I would say, leave the "standard" kernel 0x80000000 for know,
: just load the RPC44 kernel to a different place. It doesn't hurt
: that much not to have a unified kernel for the moment. It's more
: important to have a unified loader :-)

Sounds cool to me.  Is there some way we can mark these so we can go
back later and find them?

Warner