gdb-4.14.1 patches

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: gdb-4.14.1 patches
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 14:49:10 +0200
Hi all,

I've uploaded patches to GDB to ftp.waldorf-gmbh.de
in /pub/linux/mips/crossdev/src/gdb-4.14-4.14.1.diffs.gz

These patches contain the necessary changes to run GDB
as a remote debugger for the Linux/MIPS kernel. Note
that this is tested for a.out kernels only. ELF support
is not built in, but should be possible by applying
the binutils/bfd patches for ELF to the BFD stuff of GDB
too.

Something I forgot to say to the kernel patches:
They contain a .gdbinit file and a short script named "mkdisk".
If you want to use gdb as a remote debugger, copy both files
from arch/mips to the kernel top directory. "mkdisk" copies
the kernel to a temp file, strips it and then writes it to
floppy.

Cheers,
Andy

Andreas Busse                      | andy@waldorf-gmbh.de
Waldorf Electronics GmbH, R&D Dep. | Phone: +49 2636-970105
Neustrasse 9-12, D-53498 Waldorf   | Fax:   +49 2636-970106