> Well, I have the main code that looks like:
> *(char *) 0xA00A0000 = '1';
> setup_arch(&command_line, &memory_start, &memory_end);
That's very similar to the debug stuff I used to make the Magnum
and Pica initialization working. Although I even needed some assembler
stuff in head.S.
> Which is a *BIG* hammer (but much easier than the cylon[*] light).
> I've found that setup_arch never returns.... Just thought I'd share
> this technique with the list. I'd bet most people know about it that
> are actively working on Linux, but maybe some of the lurkers might
But at least you know that you're coming thru the low-level
init stuff. That's way better than nothing!
> I get to '1', but I never see any other numbers. Either setup_arch is
> unmapping the ununmappable, or I'm on to something :-). Anyway, this
> gives me a big clue what is going on, so I'll keep working on it.
> Just wanted to let people
No, I don't think that setup_arch() is doing some magic. Take a
look at it and you'll know that is actually nearly empty. Perhaps
you need some further debug output there.
> BTW, I also wanted to thank everyone that has been sending me tips.
> They are most helpful and useful.
No problem at all! It's great to see some success on the RPC44 !