Re: Hrumph!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hrumph!
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 1995 10:52:36 -0600
: But you already had the console driver working for the dummy vmlinux,
: right ? So you know where the video adapter lives, and that should
: actually be sufficient for know.

Yes.  I thought so too, but I've make a slipup somewhere.  I'm looking
into it right now....

: Well, if you still don't succeed, hardcode some video output
: in head.S. This is what I've done for the Magnum and the Acer
: to make sure that it gets thru the TLB initialization. Output
: numbers or letter to the video ram (using hardcoded addresses)
: after each code block in head.S. This way you can figure out
: where the problem is. Ugly, but works.

I had thought of doing either that, or making the LEDs on the keyboard
do a Sun-3/50-like cylon too.

Warner