Re: SIGEMT

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SIGEMT
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 11:18:20 +0200

 > Ummm... I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in the 1.3.x series
 > there is an linux/include/asm-arch/signal.h file now... also for
 > ioctl.h errno.h sockopt.h shmparam.h fcntl.h... you guys are missing
 > out on a lot of very clean solutions to the 'compatability thing' by
 > not syncing up with the 1.3.x trees, at least recently.  SunOS binary
 > compatability is a snap with the way things are set up now.  So the
 > answer to your question is that Linux-Mips can map the signals any
 > damn way it feels like it ;-)

Sounds good! But the reason to stay with 1.2.x was that we
wanted to have a reliable source base until we've finished
things like memory management, scheduling etc. I believe
the time to switch to 1.3.x comes soon, but no yet. I don't
know how others think about, but I'd like to see user code
running on all current targets before we switch over and
don't know if bugs are our own or if they have been introduced
from the 1.3.x source tree in general.

So back to signal.h: I'll change SIGBUS to 10 and declare
SIGEMT as signal 7. Agreed, or is there anything else I should
take care about?

Cheers,
Andy