Re: SIGEMT

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SIGEMT
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 04:04:52 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
   Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 09:35:56 +0200
   From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>

   It's a) GDB's fault, which I believe too *and* b) Linux's fault
   not to have SIGEMT and to reverse the locations of SIGBUS and SIGUSR1
   (which should be SIGEMT). I don't mind to hack a workaround, but
   shouldn't we contact Linus regarding that? I'm interested to hear
   why Linux has mapped the signals exactly this way! Or do you know
   any possible reason ?

Ummm... I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in the 1.3.x series
there is an linux/include/asm-arch/signal.h file now... also for
ioctl.h errno.h sockopt.h shmparam.h fcntl.h... you guys are missing
out on a lot of very clean solutions to the 'compatability thing' by
not syncing up with the 1.3.x trees, at least recently.  SunOS binary
compatability is a snap with the way things are set up now.  So the
answer to your question is that Linux-Mips can map the signals any
damn way it feels like it ;-)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu