Re: Grrr: SIGEMT

Subject: Re: Grrr: SIGEMT
From: Andreas Busse <>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 09:35:56 +0200
 > Have fun with all the other packages that then will have to be changed,
 > too.  In my opinion it's GDB's fault anyway.  If everything fails you
 > might write a program that #includes <signal.h> and evaluates it's
 > contents.  Just like dozens of packages do.  Yes, it's ugly but the
 > right thing (TM).

It's a) GDB's fault, which I believe too *and* b) Linux's fault
not to have SIGEMT and to reverse the locations of SIGBUS and SIGUSR1
(which should be SIGEMT). I don't mind to hack a workaround, but
shouldn't we contact Linus regarding that? I'm interested to hear
why Linux has mapped the signals exactly this way! Or do you know
any possible reason ?