Hrumph!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Hrumph!
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 1995 17:41:41 -0600
As you may have guess from my subject, I've found why my machine
doesn't print anything when linux boots.  At least I think I have.

Looking at drivers/char/console.c:con_init() tells me why.  It will
only use the boot_info record when ACER_PICA_61 or MIPS_MAGNUM_4000
are enabled and when booted on those machines.  Otherwise it will do
the default PC things.  However, my video card isn't at SLOTSPACE +
0xb8000; like the kernel just blindly assumes :-(.  It doesn't use the
address in the boot_info variable, like maybe it should.

So I thought I'd bounce it off the list, while I go off and try to fix
this.  Comments?

Warner