Re: TODO list

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: TODO list
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 21:42:33 -0600
:  > Also, at some point, we'll need to have some sort of install path at
:  > some point.
:
: Don't know what you mean... Can you explain ?

We need to have some way to move Linux from some sort of distribution
media to the target system.  We'd need to have some Mips specific
tools to do this job, altough much is platform neutral (at least for
the ARCBIOS machines).  Setting up environement variables to allow
Linux to boot from the menu, etc.  Once the environment is "stable,"
then things like slackware would likely just work for the most part.

Like I said, this stuff is a while out just yet.  We can't even boot a
full system yet.

Warner