Re: kgdb and Linux/MIPS

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: kgdb and Linux/MIPS
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 22:27:02 +0200

 > : a) change struct pt_regs and all associated macros and functions
 >
 > I like this option the best.  I like
 >
 > : b) fake the values of zero (always 0 anyway) and k0,k1
 >
 > less, but if $0 and $27 and $26 never change, then it would be
 > acceptible.

$0 cannot change, it's hardwired to zero. It's of course
different with k0 and k1, but these are heavily used in
exception handlers and to save registers, so changing them
might make no sense. But I would at least like to have them
displayed...

Anyway, the register dump of GDB works now. A bit ugly, but that
should be easy to change.

Cheers,
Andy