Re: TODO list

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: TODO list
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 19:12:30 +0200
---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

 > : LOADER
 > : ======
 >
 >   x. Deskstation rPC44 support in milo.
 >
 > : KERNEL
 > : ======
 >
 >   x. Add support for the Deskstation rPC44 interrupt handler.
 >
 >   x. Add support for i386 ISA drivers to the kernel, mostly for
 >      Deskstation rPC44

They should port themself, as long as the I/O macros are OK
and the I/O base address is set correctly.

 >   x. Add support for EISA bus on the rPC44.
 >
 > : CROSSDEV
 > : ========
 >
 >   x. Create instructions for building cross compilers for your
 >      platform.

Ok, I'll add that to the list.

 > : Comments welcome!
 >
 > Do we want to have a minimal boot system, or are we not ready for that
 > yet?

This depends on what you think is minimal :-) We have /bin/ash,
nothing else. More binaries depend on the shared libraries, and
this in turn depends on ELF support.

 > Also, at some point, we'll need to have some sort of install path at
 > some point.

Don't know what you mean... Can you explain ?

Cheers,
Andy