Re: Looks Like I have some code to write :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Looks Like I have some code to write :-)
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 01:02:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Good morning:
>
> /usr/local/mipsel-unknown-linux/bin/ld -N -Ttext 0x80000000
> arch/mips/kernel/head.o init/main.o init/version.o \
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
This will ned a fix for your machine, also.

> arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.data+0xc30): undefined reference to
> `deskstation_rpc44_purge_secondary_cache_page'
> arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.data+0xc34): undefined reference to
> `deskstation_rpc44_handle_int'
> arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.data+0xc38): undefined reference to
> `deskstation_tyne_purge_secondary_cache_page'

This routine isn't needed anymore anyway.  I'll zap it for the next release.
Since the next release will have to compile with 2.7.x also I'll integrate
your patches also.

> gmake: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>
> Hmmm, I think that deskstation_rpc44 stuff is stuff I need to write
> :-).  I also think I need to disable the tyne support for the moment,
> since I don't have a tyne board to practice on.
>
> The only thing that has me worried is the print_status mutliple
> definition, but that shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

I'll take a look at that also.  Well, after all not very many error messages
for a unsupported machine type.