Re: Please stop posting

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Please stop posting
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 08:08:58 +0200
Jens Hoffmann wrote:

 > since this is not very meaningful I'd like to unsubscribe, at least
 > temporarily. How can I leave and reconnect later on with a minimum of hassle?

To Helge: Sorry to hear that you don't have success with your
board. If we can do anything for you, let us know!

If I understand the new list server right, automatic unsubscribe
is possible, but no automatic subscription (as it was before) to keep
the noise floor low. To unsubscribe, please send a message to
linux-mips-request@fnet.fr with the keyword "unsubscribe" in the
Subject: line.

To Stoned: I'm just reading the help message for FNET's server.
If I understand that right, automatic subscription is allowed.
Actually, I don't like this policy since it will unnecessarily
increase noise and the amount of passivists :-) on our list. Is
it a big deal to change that ?

Cheers,
Andy

Andreas Busse                      | andy@waldorf-gmbh.de
Waldorf Electronics GmbH, R&D Dep. | Phone: +49 2636-970105
Neustrasse 9-12, D-53498 Waldorf   | Fax:   +49 2636-970106