Re: WWW-Server future

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: WWW-Server future
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 13:07:20 -0600
: Another possible problem is that mirror is a real memory hog.

That could be a big problem.  I wonder if ncftp is smart enough to do
mirroring yet.  I know that you can point it at a directory and it
will grab only what you need, but there is a lot of traffic which
would make it poorly suited for large trees.  However, the Waldorf FTP
tree isn't large enough for it to be a huge problem.  ncftp, however,
does have some stability problems grabbing 1000 files, so it may take
a little while to iron out the kinks.

Warner