Re: WWW-Server future

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: WWW-Server future
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 19:35:22 +0200
>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de> writes:
Ralf> Just as a warning - when installing the mirrors for Waldorf I
Ralf> invested quite some time to get the newest version of mirror
Ralf> scripts running without success.  Probably I was tracking a bug
Ralf> in Perl itself.  After a downgrade to an oder version (2.1 or
Ralf> 2.2) the mirror was working immedialty.  In soe parts the mirror
Ralf> software is a really evil hack that makes more assumptions about
Ralf> UNIX systems thatn it should.  Another possible problem is that
Ralf> mirror is a real memory hog.

Just a remark:
I succed to use mirror 2.3 with perl 4.036 but not with perl 5.xxx.
And I didn't succed to use dbm extension of mirror when mirroring big
stuff (as the whole NetBSD-current+NetBSD-1.0): the virtual memory of
an HP 712 blows up (64Mo phyical RAM and 200Mo of disk swap) !!!

Stoned.