Re: WWW-Server future

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: WWW-Server future
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 19:24:35 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> : Ok. Then we'll reorganize the Web and FTP stuff to be mirrorable
> : (wow, new word created :-)), then let FNET complete the Linux/MIPS
> : and finally remove it from ftp.waldorf-gmbh.de. But next week...
>
> No rush.  It will likely be a couple of weeks before I can shake loose
> the time to get mirror 2.3 up an running in the village...

Just as a warning - when installing the mirrors for Waldorf I invested
quite some time to get the newest version of mirror scripts running
without success.  Probably I was tracking a bug in Perl itself.  After
a downgrade to an oder version (2.1 or 2.2) the mirror was working immedialty.
In soe parts the mirror software is a really evil hack that makes more
assumptions about UNIX systems  thatn it should.  Another possible problem
is that mirror is a real memory hog.