Re: Interrupted Network Services

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Interrupted Network Services
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:48:05 +0200
Hi all,

>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de> writes:

Ralf> Hi all,

Ralf> I'm starting to believe that the move to fnet is a huge
Ralf> advantage.  I just got back a mail from the mail server within
Ralf> less than ten seconds.  Something that good old Scotty never
Ralf> managed.  Jus curious - what network connection does fnet.fr
Ralf> exactly have?
[Sorry for people whom already know that :)]

Fnet is the historical part of EUnet France - one of the biggest ISP in
France. Fnet is an association - but EUnet is a commercial company -
which was selling few years ago Internet connectivity, and now focus
its activities on some kind of "network research". So Fnet take the
benefit - nearly for free, at least at a very good price - of all the
leased lines of the EUnet european network, in fact Fnet offices are
located in EUnet offices. For more details: several 768k leased lines
between EUnet Paris network center (where Fnet is) and EUnet Amsterdam
, and from there pretty big pipes to USA/alternet/nfsnet/(and another
I can remind of) (4Mb, bigger pipes for an European ISP accros the
Atlantic), Ebone, Europanet....

But between EUnet and Fnet, there is only a little 115k line of about
10 meters :)

Cheers, Stoned.