Re: Interrupted Network Services

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Interrupted Network Services
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:44:45 +0200
 > I blieve there is some software.  But we can easily work around that by
 > placing the HTTP pages in a FTP accessible directory.  Since there are
 > already some CDROMs available on the market that contain Linux/MIPS
 > stuff I believe this would be a big advantage.  Who puts /pub/linux/mips/
 > on his CDROM distribution would automatically also get /pub/linux/mips/www/.
 > Next point is that we could try to document all the uploaded stuff with
 > Web pages.  The point is that integration of Web pages and ftp would form
 > a new thing.  An idea that I like.

Yes, I'd like that too. However, it's a little bit complicated since
a local Web server usually has all pages in a non-public directory.
Even worse, some servers are compiled with security features that
would not allow to access pages located in directories other than
the dedicated one. We need to check that.

Andy