Re: Interrupted Network Services

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Interrupted Network Services
From: Andreas Busse <andy@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:31:23 +0200
Hi again!

 > If someone could recommend some good mirroring software, I don't think
 > I'll have a problem.  How big are the archives?  10-20M would be OK,
 > but 100M would start to be uncool.

The current Linux/MIPS archive is about 20 Meg, I guess. It's not
very probable that it grows very fast, but I can't promise that.
Waldorf is using a set of Perl scripts. I can't remember where we
got them from, but I can make them available for you if you like.

 > Also, how does one mirror HTTP trees?  Or is there software to do that
 > already as well?

Actually, there's no special magic necessary. Assuming that all
http files are accessible via ftp (which is not the case yet) the
same mirror system can be used as for transfering ftp archives.
Care must be taken regarding path informations. Either all paths
need to be relative (as usual) or the mirror must be in the same
tree as on the master site.
However, the current Linux/MIPS web pages are somewhat integrated
into Waldorf's official web server. Before you can mirror them
I would need to isolate them from the rest, and then make them
available. It's perhaps better to wait until they're moved to FNET.

Cheers,
Andy