Re: Interrupted Network Services

To: linux@waldorf-gmbh.de
Subject: Re: Interrupted Network Services
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:31:01 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> : Sounds good! Would you be interested in setting up a mirror site ?
> : Since Sunsite.unc.edu is totally out of date, a US mirror would
> : really be helpful!
>
> If someone could recommend some good mirroring software, I don't think
> I'll have a problem.  How big are the archives?  10-20M would be OK,
> but 100M would start to be uncool.
>
> Also, how does one mirror HTTP trees?  Or is there software to do that
> already as well?

I blieve there is some software.  But we can easily work around that by
placing the HTTP pages in a FTP accessible directory.  Since there are
already some CDROMs available on the market that contain Linux/MIPS
stuff I believe this would be a big advantage.  Who puts /pub/linux/mips/
on his CDROM distribution would automatically also get /pub/linux/mips/www/.
Next point is that we could try to document all the uploaded stuff with
Web pages.  The point is that integration of Web pages and ftp would form
a new thing.  An idea that I like.