freecwmp

Re: How to drive running freeacs-ng to communicate with CPE?

To: Rafał Miłecki <zajec5@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to drive running freeacs-ng to communicate with CPE?
From: Luka Perkov <freecwmp@lukaperkov.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:40:04 +0100
Cc: freecwmp@linux-mips.org
Sender: freecwmp-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Rafał,

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 04:37:21PM +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> I'm afraid I have a problem understanding the way freeacs-ng is
> supposed to be used. Let's say I compile freeacs-ng and run it as ACS
> on my PC. Then I install OpenWrt with freecwmp (on my router) and
> configure it (freecwmp) to connect to my PC.

That is correct.

> What then?

You need to provision CPE or query the CPE for the information which is
exposed over TR-069.

> Since I already have freeacs-ng running, how can I tell it to get some
> info from connected CPEs? Let's say I want to request for
> InternetGatewayDevice.DeviceInfo.Uptime. How can I do that?

Take a look at periodic inform example in the git repository:

backend/pika/example_1_provisioning_periodic_inform.py

That script needs to be slightly modified so you send request for the
parameter you are interested in.

On the ACS side there are three parts that need to be configured:

* SCGI capable web server
* freeacs-ng daemon
* freeacs-ng scripts

On the CPE side you need to have freecwmp installed and configured to
reach freeacs-ng (the address and port where web server is listening,
not freeacs-ng daemon itself).

> I Googled a bit, watched "UKNOF24 - Inside TR-069", but this is still
> unclear for me :(

That presentation was before freeacs-ng was coded the way it works now ;)

I'm aware that there is missing documentation at this point. I'm working
on that.

Luka