freecwmp

Re: freecwmp and ACS communication error.

To: akhil garg <akhilgarg7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: freecwmp and ACS communication error.
From: Luka Perkov <freecwmp@lukaperkov.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:25:09 +0100
Cc: freecwmp@linux-mips.org
Sender: freecwmp-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Akhil,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 02:23:58PM +0000, akhil garg wrote:
> I am using OpenACS (http://sourceforge.net/projects/openacs/) as the
> ACS server and freecwmp as the cwmp client on TP-Link router.
>
> Initially Inform/InformResponse passes successfully.
> Then OpenACS sends GetParameterValues. The console shows the following errors:
>
> cwmp_handle_messages(159): xml handling message failed
> cwmp_inform(111): handling xml message failed

Strange.

> After this error, I changed the code in file
> trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/freecwmp-curl/freecwmp-2012-09-25/src/xml.c
> just by commenting the following code
> "b = mxmlWalkNext(b, tree_in, MXML_DESCEND_FIRST)" because it was
> being called two times.

Can you please test the freecwmp from git repository outside OpenWrt?
Thing is that in OpenWrt is rather old version and I didn't had time to
update it yet.

> Then GetParameterValuesResponse was sent by freecwmpClient. But here
> ACS shows Internal Error 500 in the response sent by freecwmp.
>
> Now Queries:
> 1. I hope I have edited the code correctly?

I guess you did... But please setup the freecwmp on your PC using the
last version from git.

> 1. Why the response is rejected(Internal Error 500) by the server?

I don't know, send us the network capture in pcap format so we can take
a look.

> 1. Why the whole communication between CwmpClient/ACS is not going on
> single http session. What I have seen is the whole communication i.e.
> Inform/InformResponse, GetParameterValues/GetParameterValuesResponse
> till end is using three different http ports. I think it should be on
> single port (I hope I am not wrong).

freecwmp creates new connection to the ACS for each message it sends.
That said freecwmp http client might get different port from the OS each
time. ACS will have the same port though. It works the same way as your
browser and any random web server.

Luka