freecwmp

Re: Fwd: Suggestion to improve the freecwmp way to manage the data model

To: KALLEL Mohamed <mohamed.kallel@pivasoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Suggestion to improve the freecwmp way to manage the data model.
From: Luka Perkov <freecwmp@lukaperkov.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:51:01 +0200
Cc: freecwmp@linux-mips.org
Sender: freecwmp-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Mohamed,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 04:28:20PM +0100, KALLEL Mohamed wrote:
> Continuing our contribution in the development of the freecwmp project
>
> I have a suggestion for the data model way in the freecwmp project.
>
> When the rpc method (from acs) trigger a parameter from the data
> model, the C code could refer to an xml file.
> In the xml file, the C will find all related information concerning
> the parameter: The access permissions, the attributes, the shell
> functions (scripts) related to setParametrValues,
> getParameterValues, addObject, deleteObject,...
>
> we have a such data model behavior already developed (completed).
> Did you want to merge it in the freecwmp project.
>
> Please find attached an example

Please avoid sending attachments in the future.

I must say that I dont see benefits that your approach would bring. If
you think that this is better way of doing things please send us a patch
with few parameters as an example.

We have discussed that we might transfer information between the core
and scripts using ubus only, but I have not done any work in this area.

Regards,
Luka