Re: CWMP on Open WRT

To: Giovanni Tirino <>
Subject: Re: CWMP on Open WRT
From: Luka Perkov <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 02:27:45 +0200
Hi Giovanni,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:07:57AM +0200, Giovanni Tirino wrote:
> Can you help me on install freecwmp on OpenWRT (a vmdk image) with
> some documentation ?

You should read available documentation about installing OpenWrt first.
Official OpenWrt wiki is a good source:

Once you have OpenWrt running you can install freecwmp like this:

opkg install freecwmp-curl

opkg install freecwmp-zstream

They only use different http libraries; freecwmp-curl might be a better
choice. Verbose debugging is not enabled by default in the packages. You
can enable it only at compile time - that is why you should consider
building your OpenWrt image and freecwmp package yourself.

There is also patch for LuCI available here:

> I am newbie and i can't understand how to do it.

Can we know why do you need TR-069 client?